Tuscany: sea and luxury in the Versilia Riviera.
4 Jun 2019
Versilia is situated in the province of Lucca, and just a short drive from Florence or Pisa. This stunning Italian Riviera location is nestled beneath the imposing peaks of the Apuan Alps, and visitors that are able to drag themselves away from the beauty of the azure sea and golden sands will adore exploring the historic villages and towns of this area of Tuscany.
Travellers visiting Versilia for the first time soon discover the reason it's such a popular vacation destination for Italians, as it combines all the delights of traditional beach holidays with a sophisticated, buzzing nightlife that will appeal to people of all ages.
6 reasons to book Versilia Italy for your next summer beach holiday.
- Versilia is a superb destination for a dream seaside holiday in Italy. It is renowned for its fashionable and popular Riviera resorts and is a frequent haunt of Italy's national and international celebrities, as well as cultured Italians from all walks of life.
- On the Versilia coast, visitors will discover golden, sandy and safe beaches that are absolutely perfect for children, alongside a thriving nightlife and club scene that rivals some of the most famous hotspots in the world. Some of the most popular Riviera resorts of the Versilia coast include Viareggio, Marina di Pietrasanta, Portovenere and Marina di Massa.
- You'll discover Blue Flag beaches galore on the Versilia Riviera in Italy, and the gentle slope of its sandy beaches make it perfectly safe for the smallest children. The seaside towns of the Versilia Riviera have been established for many years, so there are plenty of restaurants, diners, coffee shops, and ice cream parlours on every seafront promenade.
- It's an easy matter to travel from Florence to Versilia by rail or driving, and journeys by car take around 90 minutes.
- Pietrasanta is one of the most famous Versilia attractions and is a picturesque town, nestled at the foot of Apuan Alps and just 20 miles distance from Pisa. The beautiful medieval town of Pietrasanta is renowned for its artistic heritage and local marble which was used to create a variety of Michelangelo's sculptures. The town is still popular with artists and is home to some fantastic medieval buildings and monuments.
- Some of the other interesting towns to visit while staying in the Tuscan Versilia region include Massarosa, the hillside town of Camaiore and Stazzema. There are sure to be plenty of local festivals, markets, and entertainments throughout any summer stay on the Versilia Riviera, so there's absolutely no reason for any visitor to be bored!
Versilia Italy hotels: booking the right hotel for your luxurious Italian holiday.
One of the best tips for sourcing your Versilia summer holiday hotel is to look for accommodation offering beach access. Many of the Versilia Riviera beaches are private, so beachgoers will be charged daily fees for accessing the sands. Choosing a hotel with its own private beach helps ensure continual access to your local beach.
The Versilia Lido | UNA Esperienze is one of our UNA Esperienze resorts and offers guests every opportunity to relax in style while experiencing the beauties of the Tuscan Riviera - Italy's jewel in the crown.
All guests are accommodated in sumptuously appointed rooms or apartments within this select seafront hotel. The hotel features a superb wellness suite, offering a variety of rejuvenating treatments and massage therapies. The spa swimming pool has a relaxing wellness trail, along with Turkish baths and sauna.