Milan is an exciting travel destination at any time of year.
7 Jan 2020
The city of Milan is one of the world's major fashion capitals. Hosting Fashion Weeks, exhibitions, fairs, and much more. However, in addition to its brilliant shopping scene and renowned sporting prowess, this stunning city is also home to some of the world's most fantastic architecture and artworks, magnificent parks, and buzzing nightlife. Browse this Gruppo UNA guide to Milan in 2020 and plan your exciting city break to Italy's busy fashion capital today!
Best destination for 2020 in Italy: Milan.
If you're planning holidays and seeking the best destination 2020, Milan certainly has to be in the running! This fashion capital has a lively culture by day and night and is also close by more of Italy's scenic wonders. Easy day trips from Milan for 2020 include:
- the splendours of Lake Como and the spectacular town of Bellagio
- the magnificent, walled city of Bergamo
- Pavia, the former Roman capital and its 100 medieval towers
All the above day trips are within easy reach of Milan, and there are loads more fantastic locations within easy reach of the city.
Major Milan events during 2020.
There's always something kicking off in Milan, whether it's Fashion Show Week, Music Week, Art Week, or Design Week! Our pick of some of the most exciting and biggest Milan events scheduled in the calendar for 2020 is as follows:
- January and February 2020 in Milan - Fashionistas can launch 2020 in style when they opt to visit our lovely city during January or February. The first Male Fashion Week of the year takes place from 11 - 14 January, with Ladies' Fashion Week scheduled for 18 - 24 February. Check out upcoming ready to wear trends for men and women, from all the major fashion houses, and plan your wardrobe for the year. Or simply spend a few days shopping in the elegant shopping malls and boutiques of Milan, and people watching while sipping the fizziest Prosecco or sweetest hot chocolate at a pavement cafe. And enjoy our friendly culture and historic city to the full!
- Art Week in April - Our Art Week kicks off on 13 April and runs through to 19 April. If you're contemplating a holiday with the kids or family over Easter, take full advantage of your Bank Holiday and book a few days in Milan where you'll learn all about the contemporary art scene and will have loads of opportunities to participate in workshops and attend fairs and events throughout the city. Design Week also takes place from 21 to 26 April 2020, and the entire city of Milan is transformed into temporary exhibition space during this period. Whether you're enjoying a relaxed lunch for two in one of our swish restaurants or take a relaxed stroll through the city centre, you'll discover Milan Design Week is a thrilling exhibit showcasing all that's wonderful about Italian design!
- May and Piano City - With 400 events taking place during Piano City (17 - 19 May) being staged during May, it's certain music lovers will adore any visit. Open-air concerts, master classes, and much more are planned for this fantastic celebration.
- September is top for sports in Milan - Soccer lovers will appreciate the "Calcio City" and "Bike City" events taking place in Milan during September. Giving loads of opportunities to explore some of the hidden gems of Milan by bike, or learn all about our brilliant football heritage. What's more, you'll discover loads of fantastic harvest treats in store during this lovely month of the year.
- November sees us kick off our third Music Week! With lots of free concerts and a brilliant programme of events already scheduled, book your next trip to Milan between 16 and 22 November 2020 to discover all the top clubs, artists, and mix magicians that make our city so popular at night!
Book your Milan holiday or short break today!
Milan offers so many more major events throughout the 2020 season, why not get in touch with our Gruppo UNA bookings and reception teams to discuss your trip today. We're Italy's premium hotel brand, and Milan is one of our most popular city destinations. Browse our website to find out more!