It's time to relax.
11 Apr 2019
Your holiday in Italy is the perfect time to relax and unwind. Soak up the landscape, history and architectural heritage of Italy's diverse regions, enjoy delicious food prepared by our Gruppo UNA chefs and unwind in one of our wellness centres before enjoying a good night's sleep in the comfortable and elegant surroundings of your hotel room.
We want you to make the most of our Italian hospitality, so we've put together ten tips on how to sleep well on holiday - whether you are travelling on your own, as a couple or with a family.
How to sleep well at night: carefully select your room's location.
1. A good tip for how to sleep well in a hotel anywhere in the world is to request rooms on higher floors and away from lifts and doors where guests come and go or congregate.
2. It's worth mentioning your room preferences when you make your booking. Speak to one of our knowledgeable booking advisors when making your Gruppo UNA hotel reservation. Make sure you'll stay fast asleep all night by asking which are the hotel's quietest and/or darkest rooms.
3. While the four swimming pools of our UNAHOTELS Naxos Beach Sicilia make it ideal for both romantic breaks and family-friendly holidays, these areas are also buzzing social hubs. When booking here and at other hotels with popular pools, ask for a room that does not overlook the pool or poolside bars. This will ensure your holiday siestas are undisturbed and your evenings and nights remain peaceful.
4. Don't forget to pack your earplugs to totally eliminate any noise while you sleep.
How to sleep comfortably - the luxury of Gruppo UNA rooms and suites.
5. From the sheer indulgent luxury of the Villa le Maschere | UNA Esperienze to the convenient location of the UNAWAY Congress Hotel Bologna San Lazzaro, our rooms are designed to ensure you have a good night's sleep. Sink into comfortable beds after making sure you have closed the blinds and curtains. Making the room as dark as possible is one secret to sleeping comfortably in hotels. Travelling with a sleep mask will help you enjoy a lie in when the Italian sun floods into your room in the morning.
6. Treat yourself to a nightcap from the mini bar in your room, or enjoy a leisurely drink in the hotel bar before retiring for the night. Make the most of cooling evening breezes by taking your drink into one of our roof-top venues such as the Etnea Roof Bar of the Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze. Or, choose warm non-caffeinated drinks such as hot chocolate or chamomile tea to help you drift off to sleep.
How to sleep without neck pain in a Gruppo UNA hotel.
7. The stresses of modern busy lives often lead to aches and pain which hopefully your Italian holiday will relax away. Tension often leads to neck pain, but with our pillow choices, including a 'sleep wellness pillow', you should enjoy a peaceful and comfortable night's sleep. If you are not happy with the pillows in your room, simply speak with the staff at reception and they will go out of their way to find the perfect pillow for you or ask about our specific service, PilloWow.
8. Why not check into the Principi di Piemonte | UNA Esperienze in the centre of Torino and indulge yourself with a pampering massage in the hotel spa, perfect for easing away those stress-induced muscle aches and neck pains.
How to ensure the baby sleeps on holiday.
9. Babies and young children are going to love our hotel facilities and locations such as the family-friendly UNAHOTELS Naxos Beach Sicilia with its private beach, swimming pools and children's club. However, holiday excitement and changes to normal routine sometimes mean it is harder to settle babies down to sleep at night.
Make sure you have packed your baby's favourite 'snuggly' or cuddly toy and familiar sleeping clothes that they feel comfortable in. As far as possible, stick to normal sleep routines without being too rigid - after all, you are on holiday. Whichever hotel you choose, pick the largest room your budget can afford or even a suite. This gives you plenty of room for a cot or small bed with extra space for your young one, and you are less likely to disturb their sleep while you relax in your room.
10. Some of our hotels, including the Fattoria Santo Stefano, even offer babysitting services on request. You can dine or enjoy an evening cocktail knowing that your baby is sleeping safely back in your room or suite.
Follow these simple tips on how to sleep well in hotels and you will really get the most out of your Italian holiday with Gruppo UNA. Browse our selection of hotels now and start planning your next relaxing trip.